• The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) eating food, ate no more than two varieties of meals a day - one of them was soft, as a persimmon or something similar. Special variety of products in the food consumed by the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) were not.
• He (peace be upon him) always accepted an invitation to share a meal with him.
• Before eating and after eating, always washed his hands, saying: "Barakat food is in washing the hands before and after eating it".
• He always started eating with dhikr, ie mentioning the name of Allah, continued it with Tafakkur (reflections), and then praised the Supreme Creator.
•Sitting down at the table, he sat down on his left leg, keeping his right leg knee to the chest, protecting himself from overeating.
• First of all he ate the fruit, and then the rest. Recent studies have shown that the sugar contained in fruits, helps to speed up signal of saturation of the organism to the brain. Fruits eaten after, on the contrary, slow down the digestive process.
• He always ate and drank only with the right hand, for as he (peace be upon him) spoke: "Only Shaitan eats and drinks with left hand".
• During a joint meal he ate only the part that was before him.
• He never took the food lying on his side. "I do not eat the food lying on the side (as the haughty do)".
• Despite the fact that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had his favorite dishes, he was never selective and demanding food and ate only at presence of appetite.
• The main requirement of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) to the food were only its permissibility and food.
• Most of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) warned the Ummah from excesses (Israf) in food. "Eat and drink and waste not. Truly, Allah Loves not the wasteful".
• He never blew on hot food, warning others to do so.
• The Prophet did not eat fresh garlic or onions, if he had to deal with people or in a public place.
• He bit off the meat, but never cut it with a knife. Today, some scholars argue that it is extremely useful for dental health, and prevention of cancer.
• Messenger (peace be upon him) advised to cover the dishes with food and drink, drink sips, not breathing the air in your glass.
• He encouraged meals together, as in this food more barakah (benefit).
• During the meal he led light conversation.
• In addition, meeting at a joint meal, ate and left the table all together. And those who are full before others, according to etiquette and Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him) had to wait for the others.
What do you think about this?
Leave your comment.