Five precious gifts of Ramadan
Jabir ibn Abdullah reported that the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said: “Allah gave five things to my Ummah through me which were no given to any Prophet before.”
- Allah gave His glance of mercy to my Ummah on the first night of Ramadan. Those who are honoured with His Blessed glance will be free from suffering.
- Allah made the smell from the mouth of a fasting person more fragrant than the scent of musk.
- The angels that surround the Throne of Allah pray for the believers day and night. It is said in the Holy Quran: “Those [angels] who carry the Throne and those around it exalt [Allah] with praise of their Lord and believe in Him and ask forgiveness for those who have believed, [saying], “Our Lord, You have encompassed all things in mercy and knowledge, so forgive those who have repented and followed Your way and protect them from the punishment of Hellfire.” (40:7)
In the next ayat of the same Surat “Ghafir” (“The Believer”), the angels pray to Allah for the following: “Our Lord, and admit them to gardens of perpetual residence which You have promised them and whoever was righteous among their fathers, their spouses and their offspring. Indeed, it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.” According to one of the hadiths, Satan is chained during Ramadan and he will not be able to get free till the end of the month.”
- Angels decorate Paradise every day during Ramadan. Allah the Almighty says to them: “Be ready to welcome my righteous slaves. There is no much time left when their worldly suffering will end and they will arrive in My land of blessing.”
- On the last night of Ramadan, Allah forgives His faithful slaves.